Monday, November 4, 2013

We've Come a Long Way, Baby...

Just recently, I was going thru my office files and came across one of our very first Comfort Craft Advertisements.

I can remember a mail campaign in 1989 took about 3 months. We would wait a few weeks for a proof.... then a few more weeks for production..... then a few more weeks to mail.... finally a few more weeks to get a phone call.

Today everything is so instantaneous. We post a photo and can automatically get multiple responses within seconds. This is a very cool way to keep in touch with all of you as part of the Comfort Craft community.

As most of you know, filming and editing videos are a passion of mine. If you have visited me at an industry show, you know I love asking people customers to share their experience on film. I have learned to appreciate the viral world especially when video is involved.

Looking back, what I have enjoyed most is the many phone conversations we have shared. The countless times I have helped select fabric colors, table shapes and just sharing stories about our tables -- you know I love talking about our tables.

Even though we are in a more instantaneous age, I still believe the best relationships are built in person or at least via voice. We are never too busy to take your phone call or speak with you at one of the shows. After all, this is how we built our reputation 25 years ago and will stay a big part in building our brand in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment